This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
I don’t know about you but I hate when my kids get Easter baskets and they are FULL of candy! Even when my kids were really young people would give them baskets with only candy. I was like what am I gonna do with this?? They can’t eat it and I don’t want to eat all of this!
There are three main reasons I dislike only candy Easter baskets.
- I don’t want them eating all that candy. If they eat too much they end up with a sugar rush and the crash from it sucks!
- I can’t stand candy tantrums. They love the candy, (I don’t blame ‘em) but when I say that’s it, they freak because they want more. And they usually end up figuring out where the stash is so everytime they walk by wherever I’ve hidden the candy, they ask and I say not right now, and the cycle continues.
- Even now that my kids are a little older, I still end up eating the majority of the candy, because I don’t want them eating that much and because I have little willpower when it comes to sweets…
Now I’m not saying never put candy in your kids Easter baskets, I still do I just limit how much they get. But if you’re looking for something that isn’t candy to stick in your toddler’s basket that they’ll enjoy and use multiple times you will love this list!
Here are 25 Easter basket ideas for toddlers!
- Play doh
- Hatchimal Eggs
- Bathtub crayons
- Small wooden toy
- Easter books
- Card game like Go Fish
- Gardening tools and gloves for kids
- Small coloring book
- Bath toys
- Finger paint
- Toddler utensils
- Small doodle sketch board
- Amber teething necklace
- Small puzzle
- Small stuffed animal
- Quiet book
- Kinetic sand
- Non-toxic nail polish
- Memory/matching cards
- Do a Dot Markers
You can find most of these on Amazon and lots of other cool options to stick in your kid’s Easter basket! Just click and you can search for a specific item. You’ll have tons of choices your toddler is sure to love!