Inside: 26 amazing positive birth affirmations that’ll inspire and empower you throughout your pregnancy and childbirth!
This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
When I was pregnant with my first baby, I knew I wanted to have a home birth.
My mom is a natural childbirth educator and a doula so I grew up with the notion that giving birth without medical intervention was normal. I was very confident in my choice.
But I know the message that you CAN birth your baby successfully without intervention isn’t always supported by the media or the public.
I remember people really doubting my ability to give birth at home.
They would make comments like, “You’ll get drugs when the time comes”, “Isn’t giving birth at home dangerous?” “Are you sure it’s safe for the baby?” “Aren’t you scared something will go wrong and you’ll need a c-section?”
Of course I worried about something going wrong!
I’m pretty sure no matter what your birth plan is or where you plan on giving birth that concern is there.
But I had to push away the those fears otherwise they would consume me.
If I doubted that I could give birth without intervention or drugs, and started to let the fear creep in, I probably wouldn’t have been able to do it.
Instead of letting the naysayers get to me, I had a realistic plan for if something did happen during my home birth.
Related: How To Write A Birth Plan
Positive birth affirmations are a powerful tool you can use during pregnancy and labor to cement the idea to yourself that you can give birth to your baby safely.
You have to trust your body and believe your body was made to give birth.
Positive self-talk sounds a little hokey but it’s actually a great way to continue to remind yourself of your power as a pregnant woman.
These positive birth affirmations remind you of how strong and capable YOU are as you’re laboring and delivering your baby.
- I trust my body
- The strength of my contractions is an expression of my own strength
- I’m giving my baby the very best start in life
- I will have a strong and healthy baby
- I trust my instincts to do what is best for my baby
- I deserve to have the birth I desire
- My baby will be born when he/she is ready
- I trust my pain and my labor
- I accept this labor and know it’s just what my baby and my body need
- Good strong contractions help my baby come into this world
- My body contains all the knowledge necessary to give birth to my baby
- Birth is a safe and miraculous experience
- I trust in my ability to give birth
- Everything is going perfectly
- The power and intensity of my contractions cannot be stronger than me, because it’s me
- Just let my body do it; let it happen
- My birth will go exactly as it should
- Birth is a normal and natural event for which my body has been perfectly designed
- My body knows exactly what it’s doing
- I will breathe deeply and slowly to relax my muscles and make it easier for my uterus to work
- I’m a strong and capable woman
- I can do this one contraction at a time
- My body has a wide open space for my baby to come down
- My baby knows how and when to be born
- My baby feels my calmness and confidence
- I can give birth just as countless women before me have given birth
Yes mama, you can do this! If your goal is to have an intervention free delivery, part of the battle is believing that you can instead of fearing you won’t be able to.
Using positive birth affirmations is an amazing way of staying inspired during pregnancy and childbirth, and a powerful tool for instilling confidence in yourself that you can birth your baby!